“True happiness occurs only when a person is so engrossed in reality that he forgets about the futility of it all…”
“There are only two things I believe to be infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I’m not that sure about the universe.” -Albert Einstein
- Ted: I used to believe in destiny, you know? I'd go to the bagel place, see a pretty girl in line, reading my favorite novel, whistling the song that's been stuck in my head all week, and I think, "Wow... Hey, maybe she's 'the one.'" Now I think, "I just know that b*tch is gonna take the last whole-wheat-everything bagel."
- Robin: You've just been focused on work.
- Ted: No. It's more than that. I've stopped believing. ...Every day, I believe a little less. And a little less... and a little less. And that.. sucks. What do I do about that?
- Robin: ...You start believing again.
- Ted: In what? Destiny?
- Robin: Chemistry. If you have chemistry, you only need one other thing.
- Ted: What's that?
- Robin: Timing... But timing's a b*tch.
What a great day, filled with hard work and depressing news. Just curling up and listening to sad music for the rest of the day…
There are hipsters here! :D